Thursday, March 13, 2014

I Heart Birchbox

Last May, my sister introduced me to Birchbox! After being on a waiting list for a few weeks, I finally received my first box in June. It was love at first box! For those who do not know what Birchbox is, for only $10 a month you get 5 samples of select products in a trendy little box. By creating an online profile on their website you can adjust your preferences and the people at Birchbox select samples just for you according to that information. For example, I am really interested in anti-aging skin care, make up and hair products, so I get mostly that kind of stuff but often get little random surprises. Being the product freak that I am, I am happy to have gained so many new products! I would say I have loved 95% of the samples I have tried through Birchbox. Below is a collection of some of the samples I have gained, of course there are many others that I used up and threw away.
Now here is the exciting part! You can submit reviews of the products you try and receive 10 points for each review. You only get about 5 reviews a month that you get points from but it adds up. You also receive points for how much money you spend through their website. For example if you buy $26 of products, you will receive 26 points. Each time you reach 100 points you get $10 off a purchase. So if you have a 313 point balance, that's $30 off! That can make a difference if there is a $70 product you want to try but don't want to spend that much money. There is more... if you are responsible for signing someone new up to Birchbox and they give you credit for introducing them, you receive more points! Wait, I have more good news, most of the products ships for free and arrives within 2-3 days! Below are all the full size products I have purchased from the Birchbox website either at full price because I loved the sample or I purchased them using the points I earned. The pink conditioner in the circular tub is something I bought because of all the great reviews it had. It smells like spring in a jar, love it!
Now I have all these cool little boxes! I am saving them because I know a creative idea will pop into my head one of these days on how to reuse them. Check out Birchbox.com and see for yourself how amazing it is! Join the monthly excitement!

No comments: