Friday, June 14, 2013

Journals of Jenn

I have always enjoyed expressing my feelings on paper. It helps me organize my thoughts. I always feel fresh after I write, like I was just venting to my sister or best friend, like a heavy weight has been lifted off my shoulders. I still remember the Christmas I got my first Diary. I was 8 years old and I felt so grown up, like I hit a milestone. I can't remember exactly why I decided that keeping a journal was important to me but today they are one of my most prized possessions, possessions I would risk my life to rescue in a fire. Having filled 17 journals in my life, I look at them like I published my own "Chronicles of Jennifer Walker-Waclawsky, an accomplishment over 24 years in the making! I always said that when I am an old lady in her 80's with nothing to do, I can always go back in time and relive the year I turned 21 or the year of my wedding. I can compare the person I was before with how I am now and note the differences. I can see how I changed and I why. Documenting my life is something I will always be proud of and another reason why I began this blog. Below is my collection of Journals.
The next two pictures are of my very first diary and my first entry. Don't mind the punctuation, I was only 8 at the time!
A few of my favorite journals...

2 comments:

Stephanie Scales-Sherrin said...

Wish I did that. Guess I can start now?

Jenn Walker said...

It's never too late to start! I only write like once a month now but it adds up. It's fun to read them later..