Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Backyard Garden Make over

If you read my blog, you know how much I love color! I also love flowers with big bright colors. Hydrangea's are one of my favorites, especially the light blue-purple ones. I have tried and failed twice trying to keep one alive. Last year I planted one in the backyard and it grew back, bigger and stronger than the year before! So I decided to spice up my backyard and planted some peonys, a second hydrangea, some hosta's and 3 other plants. After a few hours of loading and unloading soil, I took flat stones from around the trees in my yard and made a nice border. I got solar lights to outline the border for .97 cents a pop from Walmart. Total spending was $90 for soil, plants and lights, all in a half days work! Garden cat is happy with his new hangout!


No comments: